Excel Data Visualization Analyst - Entry Level
Role: Excel Data Visualization Analyst (Entry Level)
Team: Service Delivery
Location: Southbury, CT
Status: Full Time
Travel: <10%, US
Practical Data Solutions (PDS) is seeking an Excel Data Visualization Analyst to design, manage, and implement visual dashboards in Excel. This position is perfect for someone who loves to work in Excel designing dashboards that communicate insightful financial and performance information to leaders in the healthcare industry. The role requires outstanding Excel skills, solid visual design and Excel troubleshooting experience, and a sharp eye for detail.
Our ideal candidate will manage the PDS DASH dashboard library of best practice healthcare design templates. Responsibilities include maintaining and improving current dashboard designs, building new visual designs, and implementing new report styles across various data sets. You will ensure the quality and integrity of the dashboard library, managing and expanding features and designs, and publication tracking.
This role interfaces with PDS content experts, graphic designers, and analytics team members to ensure best practice Excel dashboard designs are accurately created, published and “templatized” for client usage. The candidate must be comfortable working with an analytics team to design proofs of concept for new dashboards that create actionable insights for decision support.
This is an entry-level position with an opportunity to advance into other areas of analytics and visualizations. Position is located in the Southbury, CT office. This is not a remote position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and maintain targeted Excel visual dashboards for healthcare clinical, financial, quality, and compliance areas
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Independently manage individual workload, achieving measurable results
- Understand and document dashboard requirements
- Provide troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution to reporting and data issues
- Communicate and work effectively with team members to implement consistent, PDS best practice solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Analytics preferred, or experience as an analyst in a related field
- Demonstrated use of advanced functions in Microsoft Excel
- Have designed Excel visualizations that support business operations
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft suite including Word and PowerPoint
- Developed and managed Excel dashboards implementations or other improvement projects
Aptitude & Skills:
- Passionate about delivering highly refined Excel visual dashboards
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledgeable in its visual design options and features
- Ability to manage a large volume of Excel dashboard designs
- Outstanding ability to analyze information, and to think systematically and relationally
- Commitment to organization, accuracy, and very strong attention to detail
- Capacity to learn and understand both technology and healthcare domains
- Strong drive to take responsibility for and seek resolution to challenging issues
- Solid analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop new technical skills
- Highly motivated and a natural self-starter
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills are essential to this position
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Remote: No
Who We Are:
Practical Data Solutions (PDS) is a rapidly growing, nationally recognized healthcare reporting company
Since 1995, PDS has partnered exclusively with healthcare organizations to design, build and support state-of-the-art technologies employing best practices for data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, and dashboard reporting.
At PDS, our clients spend their time working with information, rather than working to get information. From turnkey cloud analytics to custom data mart design, we have one simple goal – to help our clients leverage data to improve performance and achieve ROI.
What We Offer:
- Ample opportunities for growth; a place where you can have a career, not just a job
- Ongoing, comprehensive training program where you can develop new skills for professional/personal growth
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision and 401(k) with matching, and Profit Sharing
- A casual, stable, professional work environment that encourages work-life balance
- Convenient commuting location right off I-84; close to shopping and restaurants
To be considered, please send your resume with a cover letter, describing why we should consider you as a candidate to: Careers@pds‐online.com
***E‐mail only, no calls or faxes please***
PDS will only consider serious candidates who most closely match the qualifications listed.
PDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.