PDS Foundation provides healthcare organizations with a proven data model, featuring an optimized star schema structure delivered from the raw detail data of disparate sources, including:
- Revenue Cycle
- Patient Access / Scheduling
- Electronic Health Records
- Clinical Registry
- General Ledger
- Patient Satisfaction
Best-practice data staging offered through PDS Foundation enables the development of healthcare industry-proven data marts, tuned to meet an organization’s unique analysis and reporting requirements.
PDS Foundation is designed for a variety of organizational uses, including:
- Implementation of your organization’s preferred BI software platform on proven data marts and streamlined best practices
- Providing the staged data building blocks for quick transfer and load to your Enterprise Data Warehouse initiative
- Delivering the PDS best-practice suite of analytics, dashboards and reporting tools
Top 5 Problems with Today’s Healthcare Application Reporting
- Reporting is only relevant to the specific application and is not designed to merge with other disparate application data.
- Generating reports from a “live” application database is resource-intensive on the source system, and reporting performance is either sluggish or it hinders the performance of the source system — often both.
- Application vendors offering a reporting or ETL server take shortcuts, and most use the same database structure as the source system.
- Many healthcare organizations have unique analysis and reporting requirements, but application vendors develop standard reports that can’t be customized and do not meet an organization’s specific needs.
- Because of these unique analysis and reporting requirements, analysts often spend countless hours manually massaging data to make reports user-friendly for information consumers in the organization